Amitabha, which in Sanskrit means Infinite Light is popular among different countries and cultures such as Japanese Amida, Chinese Emituo Fo, and Mahayana Buddhism.
The Buddhist Amitabha Amulet Necklace is designed for those who believe in the power and energy of Amitabha. Designed for a rustic and cool look, this rope chained necklace is perfect for everyday use.
Amitabha is considered as a savior figure and he is highly regarded as one of the five “self-born” buddhas (Dhyani-buddhas) who have existed eternally. According to some, he manifested himself as the historical Buddha Gotama and as the bodhisattva (“buddha-to-be”) Avalokiteshvara.
Amitabha is said to have his direction on the west, his sense perception taste, his sense organ the tongue, and his location in the human body the mouth.
Amitabha Buddha is believed to be is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. It is believed that reciting the name Amitabha merits benefits for this life and future life. Through the exclusive practice of Amitabha-recitation, occur naturally and spontaneously, independent of any self-generated merit or virtue on our part.
Compassion & Love
Amitabha is popularly among Mahayana Buddhists because of his approachable nature that responds in kind love and compassion. Other Buddha forms might represent wisdom or healing but Amitabha is best known for his compassion and love.
Amitabha (aka Amita, Amida, Amitayus) is also known as Lord of the Lotus Family and the Sukhavati Pure Land. His name literally implies happy land. He is best known for his Enlightened manifestations in Mahayana. Amitabha is the primary Buddha in many Pure Land Buddhism schools and is very important in Vajrayana and Tibetan Buddhism.
Great Benefits of Chanting Amitabha Buddha’s Name
The Sutras say that those who recite Amitabha Buddha’s name with utmost sincerity and one-mindedness will derive ten great benefits:
- Day and night, they enjoy the invisible protection of all celestial beings, powerful deities, and their ‘multitudes of retinues’;
- Twenty-five great Bodhisattvas, including Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara (Kuan Yin) and all other Bodhisattvas, constantly keep them in mind and protect them;
- They enjoy the continuous support and protection of Buddhas; Amitabha Buddha emits constant light to gather them;
- No evil demons, ferocious animals, poisonous snakes, or the like can harm them;
- They do not meet with calamities such as drowning, burning, or other violent deaths, nor do they encounter such punishment as being shackled and imprisoned;
- Previous evil karma is gradually dissipated; the spirits of those whom they have killed in past lives are liberated and no longer seek revenge;
- They have restful sleep or dream of auspicious events or view the supremely wonderful body of Amitabha Buddha;
- Their minds are always joyful and at peace, their complexions clear and bright, their bodies filled with energy and strength; whatever they undertake generally will succeed;
- They are always honored and assisted by others, and are gladly given the same respect reserved for Buddhas;
- At the time of death, they would not experience fright, as the right thoughts would manifest themselves.
- Buddha Amitabha Pendant
- Rope Chain
- High-quality Material
- 1 Buddhist Amitabha Amulet Necklace